The reasons I choose to spend my life as
a Unicorn rather than a human are vast. I only appear as a human when
necessary, like Doctor’s appointments and the occasional social setting. I have
found that the human race does not value life anymore and prefer to be
outraged, create petitions, threaten lives and just be generally more upset
when an animal is killed.
There were three items that caught my
attention on my Facebook feed this week that reinforced my opinion.
1. The killing of a gorilla.
2. The number of people dying trying to
cross the Mediterranean.
3. The number of Palestinian Children
killed by Israeli forces since 2000.
The most viewed story and the one that
created the most outrage was the killing of the gorilla. What about the
thousand’s of people dying trying to cross the Mediterranean. What bout the
almost 2000 Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces. Don’t they matter?
Based on what I have seen on the internet, they don’t!!!
Today life is as valuable as a used
tissue, unless you are privileged enough to be born in a first world country.
What makes us any different than those born in third world countries?
Absolutely nothing!! So why are their lives less important than ours. Oh yes,
now I remember, most of the people I have mentioned who are dying are Arabic
and many of them are Muslim. That makes them so called “Second Class Citizens”
and their lives are not as important as a gorilla………. Really, a gorilla. Human
life is a gift from GOD whether you are black, brown, white or any other
colour, whether you speak English, Arabic, Hebrew or any other language,
Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist or any other belief. You as a person are
valuable and the rest of the human race needs to wake up and start paying
attention.
As much as I voice my disappointment in
the human race and choose to live as a unicorn, I live in hope that one day,
all life will be valuable, and not just the chosen frozen.


No comments:
Post a Comment